Watson Drilling encourages employees to develop their personal and professional potential. Watson Drilling work with our employees to develop career paths that empower them to develop their futures, and to grow with the Company.
The key to supporting our strategic focus of organisational growth is to attract the right staff with the right skills. We work towards enhancing these skills to benefit both the individual and the organisation.
The identification of suitably qualified staff enhances our highly skilled workforce to meet significant demands of our projects. We continue to build on our commitment to providing quality service safely to our clients.
Watson Drilling encourages employees to develop their personal and professional potential. Watson Drilling works with our employees to develop career paths that empower them to develop their futures, and to grow with the Company. This career and personal development is a shared responsibility between each employee and the company.
Watson Drilling encourages employees to take the initiative and suggest ways to develop their skills and broaden their experience. Watson Drilling facilitates this by providing employees with opportunities and tools to enhance their skills.
Our Health, Safety and Environment Plan and Safe Work Procedures ensure we manage the risks inherent in our industry. We aim to create a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible working environment for our valued employees, contractors and clients through the following processes:
- Rigorous routine inspections and hazard identification procedures
- Early identification and removal of workplace hazards
- Monitoring and updating safety procedures to improve performance
- Compliance with government regulation and legislations, namely;
• Occupational Health & Safety Welfare Act 1984
• Western Australian Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994
• Workers Compensation & Injury Management Act 1981
• WorkSafe Australia Code of Practice
Our industry accreditation is based on Drilling Industry Competency Standards. We are:
- Current members of the Australian Drilling Industry Association (ADIA)
- Licensed Class 1, 2 & 3 Waterwell drilling contractors
- Pre-qualified contractors with many of our existing long term clients
All safety documentation is collated by the WHS department with lead indicators guiding the company in its pursuit of excellent safety practices.
The safety culture within the organisation is of high standard, all incidents, near miss, hazard identification reports are immediately reported.
You can trust us with your project knowing it is in the safe, competent hands of industry professionals.
At Watson Drilling inductions, assessment and training are an important part of our organisation, our employees are inducted and assessed using Drilling Industry Competency Standards.
We also have ongoing, practical training to develop general employee competence which can include (but not limited to):
- Certificate II, III, IV and Diploma in Drilling
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing
- Working at Heights
- Manual Handling
- HIAB Training
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Drilling Fluids
- Screens and Gravel Packs
- Drilling License’s